Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (ASCPCR)
The Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights has been constituted under Section 17 of the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005 on 4th March 2010 for protection, promotion, development, survival and participation of children.
The functions of the Commission are :
- Examine and review the safeguards provided by or under any law for the time being in force for the protection of child rights and recommend measures for their effective implementation
- Inquire into violation of child rights and recommend initiation of proceedings in such cases
- Examine all factors that inhibit the enjoyment of rights of children affected by terrorism, communal violence, riot, natural disaster, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS, trafficking , maltreatment, torture and exploitation, pornography and prostitution and recommend appropriate remedial measures
- look into the matters relating to children in need of special care and protection including children in distress, marginalised and disadvantaged children, children in conflict with law, juveniles, children without family and children of prisoners and recommend appropriate remedial measures
- Inspect or cause to be inspected any juvenile custodial home, or any other place of residence or institution meant for children, under the control of the Central Government or any State Government or any other authority, including any institution run by a social organisation; where children are detained or lodged for purpose of treatment, reformation or protection and take up with these authorities for remedial action, if found necessary.
Address & Contact Details of Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (ASCPCR)
Dr. Sunita Changkakoti,
Address: Bye Lane- 1, H. No. 3, Sammanoy Path,Survey, Beltola Basistha Road
Guwahati- 28, Assam.
Mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org