Major Achievement of the Present Government 2016-17
Welfare and Empowerment of Women and Adolescent Girls
- Land for construction of One Stop Centre at Beltola handed over to National Building Construction Corporation.
- One Stop Centre made functional in five districts ( Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Cachar, Nagaon and Kamrup Metro) with Women Helpline Number in Kamrup (M) district.
- Village Convergence and Facilitation Services have been made operational in the district of Kamrup(M) under the scheme BetiBachaoBetiPadhao.
- Under IGMSY, 27,875 beneficiaries will be benefitted through DBT
Welfare of Senior Citizens
- A proposal of a Budget requirement of Rs.11 Crores only Grants-in-Aids has been moved to the Central Government for various Schemes under Welfare of Senior Citizens for approval.
- 6 Nos. Mobile Medicare Unit run by NGOs provided Medical Aid to the needy, sick and older person. Several addition proposals sent to the Govt. of India.
- The Senior Citizen Committee has been constituted and a new Chairman and Vice-Chairman have been appointed by the Govt. of Assam.